Tug of War Ireland (“TOWI”) holds the following information (“Personal Data”) in relation to each of our members: Name, Address, Date of Birth, Telephone Number, Email & Club affiliation (if applicable).
The following Privacy information is being provided to you as outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation. It is intended to inform you of how the Personal information you provide will be used, by whom and for what purposes. If you are unclear on any aspect of this document, or want any further information, please contact our Data Protection Leader at the details below.
Who is the data controller?
TOWI is the data controller of your Personal Data.
Who is the Data Protection Leader for the Association?
Details of the Association’s Data Protection Leader are available on the Association’s website. You can contact our Data Protection Leader by email or telephone if you have any questions or wish to make a request in relation to your Personal Data.
What is the purpose of processing my Personal Data
- The Personal Data will be used by TOWI for the purpose of registering (or re-registering) and maintaining membership and administering your membership
- The Personal Data will be retained by TOWI for such period as the individual’s Membership subsists.
- An existing member can resign their Membership by writing to the Association and their Personal Data will then be erased.
- Personal Data will also be used for administrative purposes to maintain individual’s Membership including club and team administration, registrations, team sheets, disciplinary matters, injury reports, transfers, sanctions and for statistical purposes.
- Without the provision of Personal Data an individual’s Membership cannot be registered with TOWI
- The purpose is also to keep you informed of TOWI news, fixtures, events and fundraisers.
Will anyone else receive a copy of my Personal Data?
- Your Personal Data can be accessed by certain members of the National Executive for administrative purposes. This will be done in accordance with our data protection policy.
- In the event of an injury or insurance claim, details of your claim including Personal Data will be forwarded to the TOWI’s insurance company.
- When Members of TOWI represent our Country Internationally either as part of a team or in an official’s capacity, our Tug of War International Federation (“TWIF”) Representative must pass on the necessary Personal Data of the individuals involved in order for them to be accredited for the Competition.
- The Association work in conjunction with Sport Ireland in relation to their National Anti-doping Programme. At national events, the collection of samples shall be initiated and directed by Sport Ireland. Results of tests taken are returned to the Anti-Doping Officer of the Association.
Where is your Personal Data Stored?
Your Personal Data will be stored in paper form and electronically on TOWI’s database which is in the possession of the Registrar. Your information will also be stored on this website’s database following an online purchase.
How long will your Personal Data be stored?
Your Personal Data will be held for the duration of an individual’s Membership. In the case of resignation, Personal Data will be deleted within 6 months.
How can I obtain a copy of the Personal Data held by the Association?
You may request a copy of all your Personal Data by contacting the Data Protection Leader of the Association. This information will be provided to you within one month of your request.
What are my privacy rights in relation to my Personal Data?
You have the right to have your Personal Data updated, rectified, or deleted if you so wish.
Further Information, make a compliant or report a breach?
TOWI’s Data Protection Leader can be contacted by completing out form.
Contact can be made with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois or via the website www.dataprotection.ie
Any updates to this policy will be communicated on our website and dated below.
Policy Updated on 10 July 2020.